U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Customs Broker License Examination
The following Sample Exam is designed to familiarize you with the types of questions that you will see when you take the Customs Broker License Examination in the new online format. In addition, it is designed to familiarize you with how the exam will be presented online and how to use the online system to navigate the exam and respond to questions.
The Sample Exam includes the following:
- System Functionality Navigation Preview
- Section 1: Pre-examination Process Evaluation Survey
- Section 2: Sample Customs Broker License Examination
- Section 3: Post-examination Process Evaluation Survey
The Sample Exam includes 80 questions. Your score on the Sample Exam will not be provided and cannot and will not be used for any part of the licensing process. This Sample Exam is only provided to familiarize you with its online administration.
CBP makes available for download previously administered Customs Broker License Examinations and the respective answer keys. Those previous exams can be found here: https://www.cbp.gov/document/publications/past-customs-broker-license-examinations-answer-keys
THE TIMED PORTION OF THIS EXAM BEGINS WITH SECTION 2
Your computer must meet the following system requirements for the assessments to display and function properly.
- You should have a broadband internet connection. Dial-up connections will impair the delivery of the assessments.
- The assessments will render correctly on Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 39.0 or above, Safari 4.0 or above, or Chrome 43.0. Interface browsers such as AOL or CompuServe are not compatible with this system.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Adobe Flash Player is required. You will be provided with the opportunity to download the free Flash player, if necessary.
- You must clear your internet browser cache for the system to function properly.